In light of the current pandemic I am implementing additional measures to ensure maximum care and safety for all parties attending a photoshoot, whether it’s an outdoor shoot, in my studio or at a clients home.
Under lockdown I am only undertaking commercial shoots outdoors (headshots, business portraits and personal branding photoshoots) or product photography, all of which will fully comply with the guidelines outlined by the government, with social distancing adhered to at all times. Under the government roadmap to ease lockdown I am anticipating that I will be able to re-open my studio on the 26th April.
When my studio in Aberdeen is open, I have put measures in place to prepare the studio to ensure a safe way of working and will be implementing additional measures to make sure there is maximum care and safety for all parties attending a photoshoot. These guidelines fully comply with those outlined by the government and also follow policies outlined by the Association of Photographers.
• All equipment will be sanitised directly before and after each session, including any hired-in equipment
• Everyone must wash their hands upon entering the studio.
• Hand sanitiser will be available for clients to use.
• 2 meter distancing must be adhered to by all parties.
• The studio will be sanitised after every appointment, including all seating areas and bathroom.
• Door handles, taps and any other surfaces that are identified as ‘high-touch’ will be cleaned regularly during the shooting day.
• A separate bin will be used for the immediate disposal of any tissues, gloves, face masks.
• Only the person(s) being photographed will be allowed in the studio (unless it is a child who can be accompanied by one adult).
• Whilst I would normally provide refreshments for anyone coming to the studio, I encourage you to bring your own with you.
• Before any photoshoot, both outdoor sessions, on-location sessions and those in the studio, I will ask you to complete an online COVID Preshoot Questionnaire to confirm that no-one attending the shoot has displayed any symptoms of COVID-19 and that no-one has been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or anyone showing symptoms.
I would encourage anyone entering the studio to have the NHS contact-tracing app installed on their phones with Bluetooth activated. I understand that some people might feel that the potential for infringement of civil liberties and data protection issues are more important than health protection. However my feeling is that any temporary measure – the app can be deleted at any time – that will both protect people’s health and make it easier to get life back to normal should be welcomed.
These guidelines will be updated in-line with any changes in regulations and advice given from the government and any governing bodies. If you have any questions at all, please do contact me.
I will do everything I can to ensure the studio is a safe environment, however in shooting at the studio, clients do so at their own risk. Whitespace Studio does not take any responsibility for transmission of the COVID-19 virus that might have taken place getting to the shoot, during the shoot or after the shoot.